is one of the most interesting historical palaces in Florence of the 15th century.The façade is covered with lumps of stone, the main door and the windows are supported with centrings. To the side of the door there is a large stone bench. Who the architect was is uncertain, probably Giuliano da Maiano, but it could also have been Rossellino or Michelozzo.
IN 1461 A PALACE WAS BUILT BY BONO BONI ON THE RUINS OF THREE HOUSES
When the Boni family fell into disgrace, the palace in Via Tornabuoni was bought by Lorenzo il Magnifico. In 1475 it passed to the Martelli family who later sold the palace to Niccolò Antinori “one of the richest men in the city with trading extending to most of Europe”.
In 1520 the Antinori family, after having bought some houses adjacent to the rear of the palazzo created a garden and gave the back façade a 16th century style.
In 1930 Engineer Paladini completed the restoration of the original style, which in the meantime had been altered, and more recently “reorganised” by the architect Emilio Gori based on historical research done by Dr. Guido Pampaloni.
High up on the façade, there is a large stone- coloured cast iron coat of arms of the Antinori family.