PALAZZO DEGLI SCALI-BUONDELMONTI
The first owners were the Scali, one of the most powerful families in Florence, whose fortune began to decline at the beginning of the 15th century, so much so, that they had to rent it in 1420 and finally sell it in 1517 to the Buontalenti.
Like many of the historical palaces of Via Tornabuoni, this palace presents two architectural groups, one more antique of the 14th century, and the other from the first half of the 15th century. There is a loggia in the upper part (recently restored). When it was owned by the Buondelmonti, they had Jacapo di Michele paint the façade with the exploits of Pippo Spano. Unfortunately, the paintings have been lost.
THE GUEST ARIOSTO STAYED IN PALAZZO BUONDELMONTI IN VIA TORNABUONI